Western Pennsylvania Slot Car Club
The mission of the Western Pennsylvania Slot Car Club is to promote the enjoyment of the slot car hobby among its members, and provide a structure for fun, relaxation, and enjoyment of the hobby.
General Club Rules
- Guests and prospective new members must be sponsored by a current member for a minimum of 2 events. At the conclusion of the 2nd event, the members will hold an anonymous vote procedure for acceptance or rejection of that person’s membership. Votes will be counted by a team of 3 members. A two-thirds vote is required for new membership, with a unanimous voted required among the home based race hosts.
Race and Track Fees
- Race entrance fee: $5 for members. There will be no track fee for first-time guests/prospective new members. This fee covers the entire race event, and is not for individual classes. A percentage goes to the track owner/host and the remainder to the club treasury. Lunch or dinner is not included in the race entrance fee and the members are asked to pitch in extra for food.
- Club night/test and tune: $5 for members. The entire amount goes to the club treasury.
- Disrespect for the property of others, theft, inappropriate language, aggressive attitudes, or any behavior deemed to be unsportsmanlike will not be tolerated.
- Eating, drinking, cell phone usage or any distracting behavior is not permitted near the tracks during race conditions.
- Smoking is frowned upon at club events.
General Race Event Policies
- All relevant race related items can be found in the club Sporting Regulations.
- Each club race event will feature three race classes and include an entry-level class.
- A team of tech inspectors will be assigned at each club race event.
- Cheating: 1st occurrence – one warning. 2nd occurrence – two month suspension. 3rd occurrence – banishment from the club.
- If you are signed in as a driver, you must serve as a race marshal.